Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in the UK, Singapore, South Africa and India.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We enjoy bringing clarity to complex problems, uncover new opportunities, and help develop design and strategies that makes the most impact. Our solutions are infused with empathy for, as well as insights into human motivations, behaviours and values. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
As a Senior UX Consultant, you will be responsible for designing and conducting user research, from identifying the best approach to analysing results and making recommendations. While your role on projects will be focused on research, you will be working with designers and developers to create the best solution for the client and their customers. As part of this role, you will also help to develop the skills of more junior members of the team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, commercially aware consultant to take the next step in their career with an agency that has big ambitions and a very large appetite for fun.
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner
- Plan, design and conduct formative and evaluative research (from developing customer recruitment briefs, through to research moderation, analysis and reporting) to ensure user needs are fully understood.
- Plan, design and conduct quant research e.g surveys, card sorting, tree tests etc.
- Cleary and confidently communicate insight from research using a number of formats (e.g. journey maps, personas) to create a compelling narrative and enhance our team and client’s understanding of their users to design better experiences.
- Be a valuable member of multi-disciplinary teams by acting as the voice of the customer and ensuring user insight is used to shape every aspect of the product or service we are creating.
- Become a trusted advisor for our clients. Help grow and nurture long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objectives, past projects and future ambitions.
- Educate clients around the value of user research and promote user-centred design thinking throughout their organisation.
- Provide direction and strategy for our clients, balancing the needs of the business and those of their customers. Express your thinking and advice effectively, persuading colleagues and clients of your point of view and creating the trust needed to follow your advice.
- Work with the wider Foolproof team to identify, scope and win new opportunities.
- Be active in the continued development of the practice areas within Foolproof, bringing expertise to those in which you have practised, and fresh thinking and interest in those which you are less experienced in.
- Play an active role in Foolproof’s culture of learning and teaching, through using experience to teach more junior members of the team new skills, improving the way we work and contributing to the company’s ‘community'.
- Ability to represent Foolproof as an authoritative voice and/or opinion on the use of research in design
As a manager
- Meet with your direct reports to discuss and assess their work.
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or speaking at industry conferences.
- Challenge yourself and others to think creatively and improving the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s leadership values at all times.
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to create rapport and build empathy with clients and colleagues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of what it takes to make change happen in large organisations.
- Excellent time management skills shown through both day-to-day activities and during delivery on projects.
- Passionate about UX and keen to showcase knowledge in the latest industry trends.
- You take calculated risks and challenge current ways of working, always looking to improve how we do things.
- Three to five years of experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people’s behaviour and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
- Your previous experience will have given you detailed knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of research and design methodologies.
- Solid experience in conducting one-to-one interviews, focus groups, diary studies and ethnographic contextual enquiry.
- Able to communicate and deliver presentations both internally and externally in a clear and confident manner. You use storytelling as a tool to help teams develop a deep connection and understanding of the people we design for.
- Prior experience of line management is desirable.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Currently we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in either our London or Norwich office with working from home where possible and working on client site as required.