Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in the UK, Singapore, South Africa and India.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We enjoy bringing clarity to complex problems, uncover new opportunities, and help develop design and strategies that makes the most impact. Our solutions are infused with empathy for, as well as insights into human motivations, behaviours and values. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
Reporting to one of Foolproof’s Senior Project Managers, this role would suit someone who has experience leading delivery projects and shaping new opportunities, most likely from a consultancy or digital agency background. You’ll have a strong interest in experience design and technology, the desire to work in a creative, agency environment and a solid understanding of platform delivery and offshore team management.
You will work alongside leaders in the UX design field in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners. Our Project Managers are encouraged to share their experiences and methods with peers in and outside the business.
Role and responsibilities
We look to our Project Managers to be competent across three core skillsets, and have experience applying these skills to client engagements.
- Understand overall business objectives and delivery requirements of small to mid-sized projects and translate them into an overall project structure.
- Identify the optimal delivery methodology and show flexibility in adapting to the specifics of a given project.
- Define project scope, identify key milestones and plan key deliverables
- Create statements of work, project plans, set time and budget estimates.
- Support creation of business cases and cost/benefit analyses.
- Support measurement of RoI/benefits realisation.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings and support workshops.
- Lead small to mid-scale projects (< 12 weeks' duration) or longer retained engagements.
- Follow agreed project governance model and delivery framework.
- Set realistic deadlines, communicate consistently to project team.
- Drive project progress and adjust plans as required.
- Manage project budgets.
- Identify and manage project risks and issues, minimising uncertainty, escalating as required.
- Compile and maintain effective documentation, including project deliverables, reports and stakeholder communications.
- Organise project team, defining a clear path and plan, minimizing bureaucracy for team members.
- Communicate with the client and other key stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion.
- Conduct all day-to-day activities to a high quality.
- Liaise with Resourcing team to identify, onboard, monitor and/or change project resource profile.
- Liaise with Client Services, keeping your counterpart abridged of key decisions which may impact commercials or client relationship.
- Maintain all internal reporting systems and manage invoicing process, with support as required.
- As required support, participate in, and potentially manage the work of the PMO; carry out or supervise operational tasks including recording and analysing project data, management of templates and processes etc. Proactively suggest improvements.
- Own and develop our delivery relationship with new and existing clients. Be comfortable talking about your client's business, industry, goals, challenges, and key technologies.
- Identify and develop both project change and incremental growth opportunities; support Client Engagement in defining, scoping and selling these.
- Experience leading small-mid scale projects (< 12 weeks' duration / <£100k), or as the lead of a particular stage of a project (e.g. Deployment Manager).
- Experience gained across pure creative and ‘Design and Build’ projects, ideally utilising CMS platforms.
- Experience leading or working across a blend of waterfall and agile projects, with 2 years plus professional experience of which at least part is gained from an agency environment.
- Ideally, some experience supporting and contributing to new business opportunities, including scoping, inputting to proposals, and ideally pitching delivery to clients.
- Attention to detail, demonstrable business acumen, strong verbal and written communicator; you will be able to interact effectively with senior clients and Foolproof colleagues building rapport and confidence in your leadership of projects.
- Credible and a proven problem solver confident in handling problems of varying complexity, in identifying and driving pragmatic solutions and open to learning from and listening to others.
- Of graduate calibre; you will ideally have relevant academic qualifications in a relevant discipline, as well as potentially holding a relevant project management certification.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Currently we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in either our London or Norwich office with working from home where possible and working on client site as required.