Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in the UK, Singapore, South Africa and India.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We enjoy bringing clarity to complex problems, uncover new opportunities, and help develop design and strategies that makes the most impact. Our solutions are infused with empathy for, as well as insights into human motivations, behaviours and values. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
About our Studio in India
We’re a fast-growing team of user interface designers, engineers and experience designers, currently all working remotely. As a member of our Studio in India, you’ll execute brilliant design for Foolproof’s clients. How we’re currently operating means you’ll also have a relationship with wider teams from Zensar such as, project teams, Talent & HR. We’re looking to rapidly scale our team to deliver brilliant design and technology transformations for our leading clients – across a range of industries including leading broadcasters and financial services giants. We’re continuously looking to improve this experience for our team in this Studio and are actively welcoming feedback from candidates about the process.
The role at a glance
Interaction Designers at Foolproof are thinkers, creators, and innovators who deliver world class experiences for our globally renowned clients. You’ll work with talented teams to develop and deploy outstanding customer-centred design projects, applying design thinking to programmes of work and shaping experiences with user-centred processes and methodologies.
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner
- Create exceptional digital brand experiences, and present creative thinking to clients, guiding them through iterative user-centred design processes and methods.
- Work closely with other practices within the Studio to push digital creativity standards and industry trends within the company.
- Ability to develop big ideas and concepts but also has an eye for detail and edge cases.
- Experience in working both independently and collaboratively with other designers in an Agile environment to build great user experiences.
- Developing ideas and concepts from initial wireframes, through to development-ready designs.
- Prototype and present ideas, interactions and flows with confidence among the design team and clients.
- Take on feedback and iterate based on insight.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate across disciplines.
- Support the costing and planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the Delivery team and notify them of any risks.
- Support the wider Sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading on pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
As a manager
- Managing more junior members of the Studio to support them with their day-to-day wellbeing and personal development.
- Sharing project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or speaking at industry conferences.
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively and improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Lead by example and always uphold the company’s values.
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- Long history of creating digital experiences.
- Experience of applying evaluative research to validate and iterate design solutions.
- Expert in industry-standard design software including Figma, Sketch and AdobeXD.
- Expert in animation platforms to prototype realistic designs (Framer, Principle, Adobe After Effects etc).
- Experience working with, and growing design systems.
- Understanding of front-end development principles and execution.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and front-end development environments.
- Previous experience of managing/mentoring more junior designers is desirable.
- Fluent in English.
The hiring process
We typically follow a three-stage process:
- We can only get so much from a CV, so we like to begin with a short call to get an initial understanding of your skills, experience and personality.
- A first stage interview to explore the role and get a deeper understanding of your skills and experiences to help us decide whether you’re suitable for the role.
- A second stage interview where you’ll have a chance to meet Foolproofers from other areas of the business.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a global collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Medical insurance; additional cover is also available for your parents and parents-in-law.
- Master health check program; for those 40 years and over there is a special facility of a check-up under the Executive Health Plan.
- 30 days of leave per year. This will include 18 days of privilege leave and 12 days flexi leave. Flexi leave can be availed as casual leave, sick leave and paternity leave reasons.
- Access to a daycare centre in Pune if you have children between 7 months and 8 years.
Currently we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in our India office with working from home where possible and working on client site as required.
For your application to be considered we require:
- Relevant work examples, in the form of a portfolio, that demonstrate design thinking and doing.
- Links to other creative assets such as Behance, Dribbble, your personal website or other channels where you have shared design.