Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in the UK, Singapore, South Africa and India.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We enjoy bringing clarity to complex problems, uncover new opportunities, and help develop design and strategies that makes the most impact. Our solutions are infused with empathy for, as well as insights into human motivations, behaviours and values. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
As an exceptional senior practitioner in the field of experience design, you will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for our globally recognised clients. You will be an instrumental part of conceptualising and delivering iterative customer-centred design projects to clients.
You will work alongside leaders in the UX design field in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners.
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner
- Executing and presenting design and creative thinking to clients, and guiding them through an iterative customer-centred design process.
- Accountable for delivering visual design concepts and solutions to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience, in varying degrees of fidelity and detail.
- Highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design.
- You will need to be able to clearly and concisely express yourself and explain/rationalise your ideas.
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints and objectives.
- Support planning and scoping of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the Delivery team and notify them of any risks.
- Work with the wider Foolproof team to identify, scope and win new opportunities.
- Espouse Foolproof’s values, design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
As a mentor
- Regularly meet with your direct reports to discuss and assess their work.
- Sharing project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or speaking at industry conferences.
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively and improving the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s leadership values at all times..
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- Minimum of four years creating high-fidelity digital user interface designs for high profile digital products or services.
- Expert in industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping software (for example Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision and so on).
- Understanding of front-end development principles and execution.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and front-end development teams.
- Recognised degree-level qualifications in graphic, experience or digital design, and HCI.
- Previous experience of managing/mentoring more junior designers is desirable.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Currently we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in either our London or Norwich office with working from home where possible and working on client site as required.