Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world.
With studios in the UK, Singapore, India, and South Africa, we operate globally. We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands. We want to expand the Foolproof family, and make sure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
The role at a glance
The Head of Engineering Solutions manages all things that sit under the development and software engineering umbrella, including client pitches and delivery for front-end technologies, digital platforms, and digital full-stack capabilities.
Our mission is to help people to live differently. By understanding people, we craft products and services which help them make sense of anything, giving them the confidence to make good decisions for themselves.
This means the Head of Engineering Solutions takes experience strategy and the design of products and services and turns them into reality - extending our experience services with digital delivery. In this way, you act as a bridge between our experience design and development practice with our wider digital solutions and technology teams.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide a clear vision and direction for our software engineering processes, methodology, and propositions.
- Drive architecture consulting/advisory services initially when partnering with clients.
- Work closely with the Client Engagement, New Business, and Marketing teams to identify and shape opportunities, contribute to client pitches, and become a trusted industry commentator or thought leader.
- Engage with our client’s internal stakeholders to understand development priorities, using innovation and your technical know-how to deliver the best results and business value.
- Build strong relationships with external partners, clients and software vendors, etc.
- Consult with clients on strategic, organisational, and operational challenges within their technology systems.
- An excellent communicator and approachable to senior stakeholders who range in expertise, across geographies, and cultures.
- Able to develop and maintain independent relationships with the C-suite.
- Innovative, digital-native, hungry to harness new technologies.
- A product engineer devoted to delivering exceptional digital outcomes.
- An exceptional leader, capable of building teams, and can act as an internal advisor to our clients on the power and how-tos of engineering.
- You're a thought leader who wants to share their ideas and engage the wider tech community.
- Led and scaled (in terms of size and capability) large software development teams.
- Been at the fore of significant cultural and process changes within a technological environment.
- Built software solutions for enterprises, and know how to do so in InfoSec.
- An understanding of networking, infrastructure or systems engineering.
- Helped move a development function e.g. customer-led solutions to a product development roadmap working in agile.
- Created robust technology strategies and implemented digital transformation initiatives such as Digital Experience Platforms, eCommerce and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and DevOps such as Front-end (Angular/React/Node), Core (Java Sprint boot/Microsoft), Digital Platforms (Adobe, SiteCore, Liferay), Optimisation (Optimizely, Adobe Test & Target) Microservices/API Management, Cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Be comfortable in Architectural discussions with Chief Digital and Technology Officers.
- Excellent client-facing skills including, presales, consultation, and delivery management.
- Has strong commercial acumen and is able to question and challenge in commercial and contractual situations to drive opportunities for growth and revenue.
- A profound interest in the tech industry, and a desire to harness technologies for social good.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. See our values here. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual bonus and profit share.
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us.
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday.
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers.
- Private pension scheme.
- Option to take out medical coverage.
- Access to mental health support.
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, which usually takes place abroad.
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work.
- Opportunity to travel between offices.
- Training on the job.
Currently, we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in either our London or Norwich office with working from home where possible and sometimes working on client site.