Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in the UK, Singapore, South Africa and India.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We enjoy bringing clarity to complex problems, uncover new opportunities, and help develop design and strategies that makes the most impact. Our solutions are infused with empathy for, as well as insights into human motivations, behaviours and values. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
About our Studio in India
We’re a fast-growing team of user interface designers, engineers and experience designers, currently all working remotely. As a member of our Studio in India, you’ll execute brilliant design for Foolproof’s clients. How we’re currently operating means you’ll also have a relationship with wider teams from Zensar such as, project teams, Talent & HR. We’re looking to rapidly scale our team to deliver brilliant design and technology transformations for our leading clients – across a range of industries including leading broadcasters and financial services giants. We’re continuously looking to improve this experience for our team in this Studio and are actively welcoming feedback from candidates about the process.
The role at a glance
As an exceptional senior practitioner in the field of experience design, you will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for our globally recognised clients. You will be an instrumental part of conceptualising and delivering iterative customer-centred design projects to clients.
You will work alongside leaders in the UX design field in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners.
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner
- Executing and presenting design and creative thinking to clients, and guiding them through an iterative customer-centred design process.
- Accountable for delivering visual design concepts and solutions to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience, in varying degrees of fidelity and detail.
- Highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design.
- You will need to be able to clearly and concisely express yourself and explain/rationalise your ideas.
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints and objectives.
- Support planning and scoping of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the Delivery team and notify them of any risks.
- Work with the wider Foolproof team to identify, scope and win new opportunities.
- Espouse Foolproof’s values, design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
As a mentor
- Regularly meet with your direct reports to discuss and assess their work.
- Sharing project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or speaking at industry conferences.
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively and improving the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s leadership values at all times..
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- Extensive experience creating high-fidelity digital user interface designs for high profile digital products or services.
- Expert in industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping software (for example Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision and so on).
- Understanding of front-end development principles and execution.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and front-end development teams.
- Previous experience of managing/mentoring more junior designers is desirable.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a global collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Medical insurance; additional cover is also available for your parents and parents-in-law.
- Master health check program; for those 40 years and over there is a special facility of a check-up under the Executive Health Plan.
- 30 days of leave per year. This will include 18 days of privilege leave and 12 days flexi leave. Flexi leave can be availed as casual leave, sick leave and paternity leave reasons.
- Access to a day care centre in Pune if you have children between 7 months and 8 years.
Currently, we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in our India office Pune or Bangalore with working from home where possible and working on client site as required.
For your application to be considered we require:
- Relevant client, project, work examples, in the form of a portfolio, that demonstrate design thinking and doing.
- Links to other creative assets website or other channels where you have shared design.