Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in the UK, Singapore, South Africa and India.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We enjoy bringing clarity to complex problems, uncover new opportunities, and help develop design and strategies that makes the most impact. Our solutions are infused with empathy for, as well as insights into human motivations, behaviours, and values. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
About our Studio in India
We’re a fast-growing team of user interface designers, engineers and experience designers, currently all working remotely. As a member of our Studio in India, you’ll execute brilliant design for Foolproof’s clients. How we’re currently operating means you’ll also have a relationship with wider teams from Zensar such as, project teams, Talent & HR. We’re looking to rapidly scale our team to deliver brilliant design and technology transformations for our leading clients – across a range of industries including leading broadcasters and financial services giants. We’re continuously looking to improve this experience for our team in this Studio and are actively welcoming feedback from candidates about the process.
The role at a glance
Visual Designers at Foolproof are creative thinkers and conceptual explorers, who are responsible for creating engaging on-brand experiences for our globally renowned clients. You’ll work with talented teams to develop and deploy outstanding customer centred design into the world. This is one of our most exciting and hands on roles at Foolproof.
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner
- Accountable for creating innovative, beautiful human-centred design from initial concept to the final pixel to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience.
- Work with clients to build relationships, understand client vision/direction and present creative thinking whilst guiding them through an iterative customer centred design process.
- Demonstrate conceptual visual design thinking as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality.
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles- grids, typography, iconography, colour theory, semiotics, creative methodologies and the ability to apply them to the work.
- Maintain high standards and ensure exceptional craft during conceptualisation, the creation of design systems and when crafting production-ready design for desktop and mobile.
- Strong communication skills working with Foolproofers and client-side teams.
- You’ll need to be able to clearly and concisely express yourself and explain/rationalise your ideas.
- Ensure design solutions are optimised for defined touchpoints, integrations, performance, usability and sustainability requirements.
- Take part in research. Locate, understand and apply insight to creative solutions.
- Espouse Foolproof’s values, design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Support the planning activities of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the Delivery team and notify them of any risks.
- Support the wider Sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- A forward-thinker that pushes the status quo.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- Minimum of 2 years creating digital experiences.
- Experience of applying evaluative research to validate and iterate design solutions.
- Expert in industry-standard design and prototyping software such as Sketch, Figma, Principle, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision etc.
- A solid grounding in graphic design and visual communication.
- Understanding of front-end development principles and execution.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and front-end development environments.
- Recognised degree-level qualifications in graphic, experience or digital design, and HCI.
- Previous experience of managing/mentoring more junior designers is desirable.
- Fluent in English.
The hiring process
We typically follow a three-stage process:
- We can only get so much from a CV, so we like to begin with a short call to get an initial understanding of your skills, experience and personality.
- A first stage interview to explore the role and get a deeper understanding of your skills and experiences to help us decide whether you’re suitable for the role.
- A second stage interview where you will have a chance to meet Foolproofers from other areas of the business.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a global collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Medical insurance; additional cover is also available for your parents and parents-in-law.
- Master health check program; for those 40 years and over there is a special facility of a check-up under the Executive Health Plan.
- Hospitalisation; you are your spouse will be eligible to avail the medical insurance cover, referred to above; even beyond superannuation until the age of 80 years provided you retired from the company.
- 30 days of leave per year. This will include 18 days of privilege leave and 12 days flexi leave. Flexi leave can be availed as casual leave, sick leave and paternity leave reasons.
- Access to a day care centre in Pune if you have children between 7 months and 8 years.
Currently we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in our India office with working from home where possible and working on client site as required.
For your application to be considered we require:
- Relevant work examples, in the form of a portfolio, that demonstrate design thinking and doing.
- Links to other creative assets such as Behance, Dribbble, your personal website or other channels where you have shared design.