Who we are
Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in the UK, Singapore, South Africa and India.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We enjoy bringing clarity to complex problems, uncover new opportunities, and help develop design and strategies that makes the most impact. Our solutions are infused with empathy for, as well as insights into human motivations, behaviours and values. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
Onto the role
We are looking for an exceptional practitioner in the field of experience design to join our Singapore studio. This role requires experience designing digital products or services, combining UX Design and Product or Service Design.
You will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions and design strategy for our globally recognised clients. You will work with our clients from discovery to delivery, leading multidisciplinary teams to create tangible results for their business and their customers.
You have a passion for understanding users as well as client organisations and thrive in complex environments. You believe that great end-to-end customer experiences need to be useful and usable, but that their success heavily depends on the back-stage elements that enable them. You have a strong command of human centred design, visual design, and interaction design. You can communicate the underlying principles and theories to those around you. You have experience of working with and advising senior leaders. You will work alongside leaders in the UX design field in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners. Our Principals are encouraged to share their experiences and methods with peers in and outside of the business.
- Play a leading role in the delivery of a wide range of tactical and strategic experience design programmes, ensuring that we are creating tangible results for our clients and their customers.
- Working from a customer perspective; understanding or envisioning a full end-to-end service, including how the service operates and across digital and non-digital channels.
- Deliver design concepts, solutions and strategies to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience, in a high degree of visual fidelity and detail as needed.
- In your project teams and in the studio, create an environment in which people can do their best work. Motivate and challenge your colleagues to find the best solution to problems.
- Integrate efforts across teams into coherent user journeys — connecting all actors responsible for delivering the service.
- Use your experience in design strategy and UX design to provide advice and direction to clients and colleagues.
- Managing stakeholders; influencing and shaping stakeholders’ objectives. Working with senior leaders to support a future vision and priorities for a service transformation or new service development.
- Help to define the best approach to client briefs, assist in scoping work and participate in pitch teams.
- Shape conversations with clients on key metrics for success and return of investments on design/product initiatives.
- Grow and nurture long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objectives, past projects and future ambitions.
- Develop our people through line management, coaching and mentoring, helping them achieve their personal development objectives and ambitions.
- Shape, evangelise and espouse Foolproof’s design philosophy and practice -evidence based creativity - internally and externally.
As a manager
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s leadership values at all times.
- Inspire and motivate the practitioners you line manage as well as the wider studio to grow and develop the skills and mindset they need. Do this from a place of care and empathy.
- Manage the team and organise regular meetings to discuss and assess their work.
- Challenge yourself and others to think creatively and improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending and speaking at industry conferences.
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills including open listening.
- Excellent managerial and mentoring skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- Mature people and leadership skills.
- Minimum of six years delivering design solutions and strategies for digital products or services.
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities as well as the ability to articulate, rationalise and document visual direction.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints as they apply to designing for desktop, mobile, and native apps.
- A deep understanding of visual design and how it’s applied to interaction and user interface design to improve clarity of communication.
- Have significant experience of making design processes work effectively, influencing working practices and culture to support this.
- Have significant experience of explaining design decisions, influencing and communicating ideas in a way that other people understand.
- Have experience of working in an agile and complex environment.
- Have experience facilitating workshops and leading meetings with senior stakeholders.
- Have proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams and client stakeholders to develop concepts and services.
- Have experience of coaching others; both through your individual performance and how you influence others in group settings.
- Have transitioned from doer to a manager and leader, understanding the broader business and customer context for your work.
- Experience using industry-standard design visualisation software e.g. Sketch, Adobe, Figma etc.
- Experience using industry standard prototyping software e.g. Principle, Axure, Sketch, Framer, Origami, etc.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Annual salary review.
- Annual discretionary bonus and profit share schemes.
- Discretionary M13 bonus.
- 20 days holiday which increases with service.
- Private health care contribution.
- CPF contributions at the prevailing rate for eligible employees.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad (when there isn’t a global pandemic).
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
And, for more on who we are as people, take a look at our values.