Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in the UK, South Africa, Singapore and India.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We enjoy bringing clarity to complex problems, uncover new opportunities, and help develop designs and strategies that makes the most impact. Our solutions are infused with empathy for, as well as insights into human motivations, behaviours and values. We challenge old ideas which slow down positive design-led change. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
As a UX Consultant, you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams from discovery to delivery, representing the voice of the customer and the voice of our clients. You’ll be responsible for helping organisations identify opportunities and deliver compelling, evidence-based, human-centred products and services. You have a passion for understanding people as well as client organisations and thrive in complex environments.
You believe that great end-to-end customer experiences need to be useful and usable, but that their success heavily depends on the back-stage elements that enable them. Research and data are your tools, from which you will synthesise and generate actionable insight to inform the best solutions for our clients, their employees, and their customers. This is a great opportunity for a commercially aware consultant to take the next step in their career with an agency that has big ambitions and a very large appetite for fun.
Role and responsibilities
- Work with our clients to frame problems, starting with ‘why’. Understand their goals for a product or service, the types of users, and their needs.
- Plan, design, and conduct formative and evaluative research to ensure user and business needs are fully understood. This includes qualitative and quantitative research methods as well as data analytics in the synthesis of your insights.
- Clearly and confidently communicate insight from research using a number of formats (e.g. journey maps, personas, user stories) to create a compelling narrative and enhance our team and our client’s understanding of their users in order to design better products and services.
- Become a trusted advisor for our clients. Help grow and nurture long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objectives, technologies used, past projects, and future ambitions.
- Be active in setting up and measuring project outcomes as a means to help establish design as an impactful business and strategy discipline.
- Be active in Foolproof’s culture of learning and teaching, through teaching more junior members of the team new skills, improving the way we work, developing our practice, and championing our culture and values.
- Excellent communication skills from an internal email through to a client presentation.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to create rapport and build relationships with clients and colleagues.
- You’ll have commercial awareness, including an understanding of return on investment and online marketing metrics, and complete commitment to evidence and insight as the back-bone of design.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills, competent using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- One to two years of experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people’s behaviour and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of research and design methodologies.
- Able to communicate and deliver presentations both internally and externally in a clear and confident manner. You use storytelling as a tool to help teams develop a deep connection and understanding of the people we design for.
Career progression and skills development
We see this role as the beginning of your career with us and expect you to make rapid progress in your own skills development. We’re hiring for what you’ll be like in 3-5 years’ time as much as what you are like today.
At Foolproof, we put a great emphasis on personal growth. We’ve created an environment where:
- You can learn a lot and learn it quickly.
- You have the support you need to achieve your goals.
- Your time spent at Foolproof is a pivotal learning experience in your career.
To make this possible, you’ll be surrounded by a team of experienced practitioners who can give you the coaching, mentoring, feedback, and support that you need. We have a track record of developing people; many of our team joined at an entry-level and have grown their careers at Foolproof
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Currently we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in either our London or Norwich office with working from home where possible and working on client site as required.