Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world.
With studios in the UK, Singapore, India, and South Africa, we operate globally. We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands. We want to expand the Foolproof family, and make sure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
The role at a glance
As a Principal Strategist, you will be one of the most experienced practitioners in our Studio. You will have experience of working with clients on project discovery right through to delivery, leading multidisciplinary teams to create tangible results for their business and their customers.
Your primary role (for the first 6 months) will be as part of our dedicated New Business Squad. This is a specialised team made up of key representatives from across Studio, Delivery, and Sales focussed on responding to and winning our biggest and most exciting opportunities. You will be involved in everything from triaging new opportunities to pitching and winning new work and everything in between. The New Business Squad is not a permanent placement as individuals typically rotate after 4 – 6 months back into client-facing project work.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, commercially aware consultant to take the next step in their career with an agency that has big ambitions and a large appetite for fun.
Role and responsibilities
- Represent the Studio within the New Business Squad supporting across the full spectrum of new business activities which include:
- Conducting ‘triage’ of inbound new business enquiries to ensure we are putting our efforts into the right opportunities.
- Running new business ‘chemistry’ meetings with potential clients, alone or alongside other members of the business.
- Creating compelling pitches in response to competitive briefs.
- Scoping and pricing work with members of Insight/Consulting (SIC) teams, studio and PMs.
- Responding to RFPs with detailed proposals produced in conjunction with scoping teams.
- Ensuring that Foolproof materials such as case studies, policies, and financial information are kept up to date, shared centrally, and distributed.
- As and when required, work on a variety of a wide range of strategic experience design programmes, ensuring that we are creating tangible results for our clients and their customers.
- In your project teams, create an environment in which people can do their best work. Motivate and challenge your colleagues to find the best solution to problems.
- Use your deep expertise in strategy and experience design to provide advice and direction to clients and colleagues.
- Grow and nurture long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objectives, past projects, and future ambitions.
- Identify opportunities using knowledge of the client's business and industry to spot where clients need to focus their attention to deliver great customer experiences and improve business performance.
- Help to define the best approach to client briefs, assist in scoping work and participate in pitch teams.
- Develop our people through line management, coaching, and mentoring, helping them achieve their personal development objectives and ambitions.
- Champion our culture and values.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Articulate and engaging, able to lead conversations with senior clients.
- A passionate, creative thinker with an insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of what it takes to affect change in large organisation.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- You are a generalist with a breadth of skills, and a deep understanding of at least one of the following:
- Business consulting, organisation design, business analysis, or similar.
- Digital strategy, experience strategy, or similar.
- Interaction design, information architecture, service design, visual design, or similar.
- User research or data analysis.
- Product management.
- Experience in a client-facing role working with top brands is desirable.
- Experience working on end-to-end projects, from discovery and strategy to delivery to market.
- Prior experience of line management is a bonus.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing. See more on our values here.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual bonus and profit share.
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us.
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday.
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers.
- Private pension scheme.
- Option to take out medical coverage.
- Access to mental health support.
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, which usually takes place abroad.
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work.
- Opportunity to travel between offices.
- Training on the job.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.