Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world.
With studios in the UK, Singapore, India, and South Africa, we operate globally. We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands. We want to expand the Foolproof family, and make sure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
The role at a glance
As an Experience Design Director, you will be one of the most experienced practitioners in our team. You will work with our most important clients from discovery to delivery, to create tangible results for their business and their customers. As a leader in our experience design practice, you will also help to develop the skills of more junior members of the team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, commercially aware practitioner to take the next step in their career with an agency that has big ambitions and a big appetite for fun.
Role and responsibilities
- Play a leading role in the delivery of a wide range of tactical and strategic experience design programmes, ensuring that we are creating tangible results for our clients and their customers.
- Shape exceptional digital brand experiences and present creative thinking to clients, with an emphasis on design execution and its relevance to customer-centred design.
- Use your deep expertise in visual and experience design to provide advice and direction to clients and colleagues.
- Help to define the best approach to client briefs, assist in scoping work and participate in pitch teams.
- In your project teams, create an environment in which people can do their best work. Motivate and challenge your colleagues to find the best solution to problems.
- Develop our people through line management, coaching and mentoring, helping them achieve their personal development objectives and ambitions.
- Work closely with those peers to ensure that all project disciplines work harmoniously together to produce work of industry-leading quality.
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively to improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or speaking at industry conferences.
- Champion our culture and values.
- An inspirational leader, able to create an environment for other people to do great work.
- A passionate, creative thinker with an insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Articulate and engaging, able to lead conversations with senior clients.
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of what it takes to make change happen in large organisations.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- At least eight years of experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people’s behaviour and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
- A detailed knowledge of practical design methodologies and experience using industry standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD etc.
- A strong appreciation of the importance of brand in experience design.
- A strong background in visual design to be able to critique and challenge design output.
- Experience in a client-facing role is essential, working with top brands is desirable.
- Experience working on end-to-end projects, from discovery and strategy to delivery to market.
- Prior experience of line management is desirable.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development, and is mindful of wellbeing. See more on our values here.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual bonus and profit share.
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us.
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday.
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers.
- Private pension scheme.
- Option to take out medical coverage.
- Access to mental health support.
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, which usually takes place abroad.
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work.
- Opportunity to travel between offices.
- Training on the job.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.