Pune or Bangalore (Currently Remote)
Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We want to expand the Foolproof family, and make sure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
About our India Studio
We are in the early stages of forming a dedicated Design Studio in India, comprising user interface designers, engineers, and experience designers, all working remotely at the moment.
It's not just a Design function, but a collaborative team that share the same philosophy around human-centred design, and creating better outcomes for users and for business. We also champion development and encourage our people to learn from one another.
And being part of Zensar allows us to expand our breadth beyond design and creativity, harnessing the best of technology; together we’ve been transforming businesses since 2016.
Onto the role
As a Design Studio Lead, you will be a practitioner and team leader. You are hands-on in projects, as well as experienced in recruiting, shaping, and mentoring the team.
We do not need a manager; we need a leader who inspires others to hone and refine their craft to do great work. On projects, you are dependable, a trusted advisor to clients, and capable of imagining and delivering tangible solutions for their business and customers.
In the next six to twelve months, the primary focus of this role is to:
- Recruit and scale talented designers, understand how each designer will add to the Studio and project work.
- Represent the India Studio within Foolproof and Zensar - this means establishing strategy and an operational process for your team.
- Develop our people through line management and coaching.
- Play a leading role in shaping and contributing to a wide range of tactical and strategic experience design programmes.
We’re after someone with deep human-centred expertise, a flair for talent and tonnes of passion.
As well as:
- An inspirational leader who enables other people to do great work.
- Experience establishing close-knit teams while being a practitioner.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience in a user experience environment.
- A detailed knowledge of design methodologies and design tools e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD etc.
- An appreciation of brand in experience design.
- A background in visual design to form critique design output.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Experience working on end-to-end projects, from discovery and strategy to delivery to market.
- A thought leader willing to share their views in blog posts and on the conference stage.
A few other qualities we value
- Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
- Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- A genuine, honest tone of voice.
- Design for good enthusiasts.
- Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.