Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We want to expand the Foolproof family, and make sure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
As a Senior UX Writer you’ll be responsible for creating seamless, engaging content experiences throughout the customer journey. You represent the voice of the product or service and ensure our design experiences speak to customers in the most effective way.
You’ll work closely with clients to understand their brand, and our researchers to understand customer needs. You use data and analytics to understand user intent and language. You’ll bring this and your knowledge of best practice to the table and be able to work with our designers to create world-class experiences across a variety of channels and platforms.
You’ll work in a supportive environment with colleagues who’re experts in their fields – we want to see you thrive and grow. We’ll also expect you to manage and mentor junior members of staff.
As a practitioner
- Create effective and engaging copy to support customer journeys.
- Ensure copy is considered from the beginning and that stakeholders are engaged through its development.
- Use industry best-practice to develop content.
- Cover copy requirements such as calls-to-action, navigation labels, page titles, meta descriptions, form design, error text, and more.
- Run client workshops to understand issues and needs around content, brand voice or language.
- Work hand-in-hand with designers and legal to develop copy in context.
- Create or develop style guides or tone of voice guidelines.
- Work with business analysts to understand requirements/considerations that may affect content development e.g. form validation rules.
- Define and run localisation and translation projects.
- Be a champion of best-practice content and UX writing within Foolproof.
- Create training materials and templates for internal staff in best-practice UX writing.
- Support the procurement, costing, and planning activity of UX writing deliverables.
- Develop our content practice at Foolproof and contribute to the wider business understanding of how UX writing can improve our project outcomes.
As a mentor
- Attend regular meetings with your mentees to discuss and assess their work.
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or speaking at industry conferences.
- Challenge yourself and others to think creatively and improving the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s leadership values at all times.
- You have been writing and creating customer-led experiences for a number of years and have some great examples to show – this might be from web, apps, chatbots, voice UI or console.
- You have experience developing end-to-end omnichannel content throughout a customer journey.
- You can talk about your processes and outputs confidently and understand when to involve client marketing, legal and tech expertise.
- You have a good understanding of SEO.
- You are used to contributing your own requirements for research to help develop content that works for customers. You can lead content-focused research sessions if required
- You can prototype your content ideas and have experience working directly within design software e.g. Figma, Sketch.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and front-end development teams.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
A few other qualities we value:
- Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
- Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- A genuine, honest tone of voice.
- Design for good enthusiasts.
- Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual bonus and profit share.
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us.
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday.
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers.
- Private pension scheme.
- Option to take out medical coverage.
- Access to mental health support.
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip which usually takes place abroad.
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work.
- Opportunity to travel between offices.
- Training on the job.