Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We want to expand the Foolproof family, and make sure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
Our Resourcing Team plays a key role on mobilising client projects, keeping our teams and programmes moving, and growing opportunities. It’s a big challenge as you’ll need to understand every aspect of how Foolproof works.
You’ll help manage project teams into and out of projects, support Resourcing to constantly improve what we do and ensure there is consistency across outputs and functions.
With teams in Singapore, South Africa, and India you’ll be working to find people and resource projects globally. You will be in a position to have a major impact on how workflows through the teams, bringing your experience and knowledge in similar roles to help make improvements to our processes and systems.
This is a key role within Foolproof and you are always going to be busy but if you’ve got the passion and ability to succeed you will be in a place where you can make a real difference.
You need to have a passion for people and making things happen as you’ll be trying to organise creative and innovative people around across multiple projects and disciplines in different locations.
Some of the things you’d be responsible for are:
- Getting the right people with the right skillset onto the right projects at the right time.
- Ensuring people know what they are working on and where they need to be.
- Resolving competing priorities or flagging them early.
- Ensuring stakeholders have visibility of workload and availability.
- Finding the best option for the resourcing of projects outside of the team if needed; via partners, agencies or direct contacts.
- Following the contract hire process for any potential new contractors
- Helping to onboard new starters with life at Foolproof.
- Helping to identify, recommend and organise opportunities for the career development and training of our consultants and designers.
- Planning holiday requests and sorting out other absences.
- Reporting – as we all need to know how we’ve done and how we’re doing.
- Supporting the Operations team and covering during holidays.
Ideally you have experience in a similar role, though if you have significant experience managing people and projects in an agency or design environment you will have the right basic skillset.
You must know your way around Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel. Previous experience using the scheduling system Workfront would be helpful.
Your ability to communicate and your personality are key to how you will succeed in this role so you must:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people from all disciplines, both verbally and via email.
- Have incredibly effective negotiation skills.
- Be an outstanding time manager – both yours and everyone else’s.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise work - again, both yours and others.
- Be flexible - have some common sense and take the initiative.
- Be able to solve problems that arise in imaginative ways – daily!
- Work independently when needed but always as part of the team.
- Deal well with consistently busy days and queues at your desk without losing your cool.
- Be able to deal with sensitive or difficult issues and handle confidential matters discreetly and professionally.
- Bring passion, experience, and energy to the team - a good sense of humour definitely falls under this category.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- 25 days paid time off (Pro-rated)
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers
- Private pension scheme
- Option to take out medical coverage
- Access to mental health support
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, this usually takes place abroad
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work
- Opportunity to travel between offices
- Training on the job
Ready to apply?
Please follow this link to apply. You’ll be taken to our hiring portal where we’ll capture and progress your application. For any queries with regards to this, the role, or Foolproof team, contact our talent team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the role isn’t right for you on this occasion, still say hello and share your CV. We’re always on the lookout for new and exciting talent.