Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We want to expand the Foolproof family, and make sure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
We are looking for a well-practiced research practitioner with at least 2 years of experience in the field of experience design to join our Singapore studio. This role is for creative thinkers who share our commitment to using data and human insight to drive design thinking and uncover opportunities for creatively solving our client’s design challenges.
As a Consultant you will be responsible for providing UX and digital design consultancy to some of the world’s biggest and best-known brands. You have a passion in understanding users as well as client organisations and thrive in complex environments. You will get to work alongside exceptional team members in the quest to deliver world-class digital solutions and design strategies for our globally recognised clients in the UX design field, while being supported by senior members of the team. Success in this role comes from consistently delivering excellent work and making rapid progress in your own skills development.
- Familiarity with both formative and evaluative research, which includes qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Plan, design and conduct quant research e.g surveys, card sorting, tree tests etc.
- Contribute to measuring the impact of our work and understanding of data analytics
- Develop customer insights to inform meaningful recommendations to achieve your clients’ project and commercial objectives
- Clearly and confidently communicate insight from research using a number of formats (e.g. journey maps, personas, user stories, presentations, authoritative reports)
- Conduct user research using a variety of methodologies such as one-to-one interviews, ethnographic research, diary studies, focus groups, card-sorting and remote research, with in-depth proficiency in at least one methodology to independently deliver quality insights
- Educate clients around the value of user research and promote user-centred design thinking throughout their organisation.
- Work with the wider Foolproof team to identify, scope and win new opportunities
We need people with at least two years experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people's behaviour and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
- Knowledge and experience conducting research across a range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies (e.g. in-depth interviews, quantitative surveys, etc), with the confidence to conduct research with minimal supervision.
- Experience using secondary research methods, such as desk research, landscape mapping, trends research, competitor analysis.
- Likely educated to degree level (computer science, HCI, business, psychology or design).
- Experience managing stakeholders
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to create rapport and build empathy with clients and colleagues.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures
development and is mindful of wellbeing. When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual salary review.
- Annual discretionary bonus and profit share schemes.
- Discretionary M13 bonus.
- 20 days holiday which increases with service.
- Private health care contribution.
- CPF contributions at the prevailing rate for eligible employees.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad (when there isn’t a global pandemic).
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
Ready to apply?
Please follow this link to apply. You’ll be taken to our hiring portal where we’ll capture and progress your application. For any queries with regards to this, the role, or Foolproof team, contact our Talent Manager, Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the role isn’t right for you on this occasion, still say hello and share your CV. We’re always on the lookout for new and exciting talent.