We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
This unique role lies within a retainer for one of the world’s biggest energy and renewables major. Your day-to-day will be working alongside a team of experts to imagine innovative products and services - following the human-centred design process which binds our partnership together.
Although client-side, you will be a firm part of our award-winning Studio team and have the opportunity to learn alongside top design talent who provide an accessible support network, as and when you need it.
A Product Designer leading the experience workstream of projects. A holistic thinker, looking at, yet also beyond, the digital screen towards across all touchpoints that deliver on product experience. Someone who embraces empathetic research building the foundation from which to define and design people’s relationship with energy.
We’re keen to hear those who can demonstrate an experience and an ambition that’s broader than ‘design’ alone; that extends into human-centred innovation. Along with an appreciation of the commercial landscape, we’d also hope you can demonstrate:
- 3-5 professional agency side and client-side experience in delivering, influencing, shaping direction of creating best in class digital and non-digital Products and Services.
- Expertise in the use of design tools such as: Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, inVision Studio, Zeplin, Axure RP, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Expertise in designing user experience interfaces for predominantly responsive websites, with a lens on how to adapt this for mobile and tablet.
- Strong knowledge and proven practical use of Customer Centric Design Principles.
- Experienced in leading the design of wireframes, UX flows, customer journey maps, and low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Comfortable leading the facilitation of Design Workshops with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Experience in planning and conducting user research to help validate design decisions and future iterations.
- Experience in using insights and requirements derived from user research, business stakeholders and data analysis into practical design execution.
- Ability to quickly adapt and create projects consistent with brand guidelines or expend them if required.
- Strategic approach to problem-solving and ability to think far beyond the user interface.
- Experience of practical execution in Agile Product Development environments.
- Solid understanding of usability and accessibility standards including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) & ISO 9241.
- Nice to have multiple languages (English +X).
- Strong Portfolio that include a collection of case studies that show your capability in design.
- Full understanding of the design and development lifecycle and a track record of launched modern responsive websites and mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Proven experience practice knowledge working in Agile Projects from user stories and backlog management to acceptance criteria.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time with a broad range of stakeholders. Where required can manage a team(s) and mentor as appropriate.
- A real breadth of skills – from research to workshop facilitation to crafting prototypes and experiences
- Highly independent, flexible and adapting to evolving environments, with well-developed people skills.
- A confident and passionate designer but down to earth, humble and personable
- Key sense of people and team
- Pragmatic and adaptive
A few other qualities we value:
Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
A genuine, honest tone of voice.
Design for good enthusiasts.
Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a global collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Medical insurance; additional cover is also available for your parents and parents-in-law.
- Master health check program; for those 40 years and over there is a special facility of a check-up under the Executive Health Plan.
- Hospitalisation; you are your spouse will be eligible to avail the medical insurance cover, referred to above; even beyond superannuation until the age of 80 years provided you retired from the company.
- 30 days of leave per year. This will include 18 days of privilege leave and 12 days flexi leave. Flexi leave can be availed as casual leave, sick leave and paternity leave reasons.
- Access to a day care centre in Pune if you have children between 7 months and 8 years.
Currently we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in our India office Pune or Bangalore with working from home where possible and working on client site as required.