Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
We are looking for an exceptional practitioner in the field of service design to join our creative studio. You will be responsible for helping organisations identify opportunities and deliver compelling, evidence based, human centred services.
You have a passion for understanding users as well as client organisations and thrive in complex environments. You believe that great end-to-end customer experiences need to be useful and usable, but that their success heavily depends on the back-stage elements that enable them. You have a strong command of human centred design and involve the human perspective in all steps of the problem-solving process.
You will work alongside leaders in the experience design field in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow. Our Service Designers are encouraged to share their experiences and methods with peers in and outside the business.
As a practitioner
- Envision a full end-to-end service centered around customer needs.
- Influence and shape stakeholders’ objectives to support their future vision.
- Demonstrate big picture thinking, working backwards from an ideal future scenario.
- Conduct qualitative research; using observations and feedback to learn why things are happening or not happening.
- Turn research insights into opportunities and communicate these to clients.
- Define testable hypotheses and collaborate with UX Designers to create working prototypes.
- Recognise the importance of facilitation and co-creation.
- Challenge how things work and identify further opportunities for service improvement.
- Design service blueprints (as-is and to-be states) to communicate the end-to-end inclusive of the customer experience and activities of the behind-the-scenes staff and systems.
- Shape, evangelise and espouse Foolproof’s design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Offer costing support and help identify business opportunities, supporting on pitches as part of a wider pitch team.
As a Foolproofer
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Contribute to the Foolproof blog, social channels, and white papers.
- Challenge yourself and others to think creatively to improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Uphold the company’s values at all times.
- Good knowledge of service design practices with at least 2 years' experience in product and/or service design, digital transformation, or UX.
- Experience of working strategically on end-to-end services that exist to fulfill customer goals.
- You have made design processes work effectively, influencing working practices and culture to support this.
- You can plan, conduct and communicate user research as part of a human-centred design process.
- You're able to explain design decisions and communicate ideas in a way that other people understand.
- You have worked in an agile environment.
- Have facilitated workshops and meetings.
A few other qualities we value:
- Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
- Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- A genuine, honest tone of voice.
- Design for good enthusiasts.
- Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual bonus and profit share
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers
- Private pension scheme
- Option to take out medical coverage
- Access to mental health support
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, this usually takes place abroad
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work
- Opportunity to travel between offices
- Training on the job