We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
A Service Designer leading the experience workstream of projects. A holistic thinker, looking at all touchpoints who continuously looks to develop product experiences. Someone who embraces empathetic research, building the foundation from which to define and design people’s relationship with energy. The individual needs to have a strong understanding that great end-to-end customer experiences need to be useful and usable, but that their success heavily depends on the back-stage elements that enable them.
You’ll want to cover off the main responsibilities of this role and the technical skills required in one paragraph, keeping it tight and concise.
Example: Our Senior Designers are passionate about design. That means you are as comfortable talking about design, as you are delivering it. At the core, we are looking for people who follow a human-centred design process and inspire change and create positive outcomes for people, everyday.
We’re keen to hear those who can demonstrate an experience and an ambition that’s broader than ‘design and UX’ alone; that extends into human-centred innovation. Along with an appreciation of the commercial and business landscape, we’d also hope you can demonstrate:
- 3-5 years professional agency side or client-side experience in delivering, influencing, shaping direction of creating best in class digital and non-digital Products and Services.
- Evidence of continuous service improvement; challenging how things work and identifying further opportunities for service improvement across all parts of a service inclusive of: systems, processes and end-user experience. Creating and reusing consistent service patterns to support how a service functions and can operate more effectively
- Evidence of working from a customer perspective; understanding or envisioning a full end to end service, including how the service operates across digital and non-digital channels.
- Evidence of managing stakeholders; influencing and shaping stakeholders’ objectives. Working with senior leaders to support a future vision and priorities for a service transformation or new service development
- Strong Portfolio that includes a collection of real-life product examples and case studies that show your capability in design thinking with end to end services design practices.
- The ability to be highly independent, confident and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape.
- Experience in converting requirements derived from user research, business stakeholders and data analysis into practical execution. Aligning front to back of house experience design.
- The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling.
- The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage project teams, illustrating the value that Service Design methodologies can bring to the enterprise commercially and technically.
- Strategic approach to problem-solving and ability to think far beyond the user interface.
- Knowledge of and proven practical execution of Customer Centric Design Principles.
- Experience in planning and conducting user research, usability testing, interpret feedback and incorporate into future iterations.
- Experience in designing, service design blueprints, customer journey and empathy mapping.
- Experience in facilitation of Design Workshops with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Proven experience practice knowledge working in Agile Projects from user stories and backlog management to acceptance criteria.
- Practice knowledge and understanding of design tools such as: Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, inVision Studio, Zeplin, Axure RP.
- Solid understanding of usability and accessibility standards including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) & ISO 9241.
- Nice to have multiple languages (English +X).
- Work closely with other designers, commercial and technical teams to execute a balanced approach to delivery. Where required can manage a team(s) and mentor as appropriate.
- A real breadth of skills – from research to workshop facilitation to crafting experiences
- Highly independent, flexible and adapting to evolving environments, with well-developed people skills.
- A confident and passionate designer but down to earth, humble and personable
- Key sense of people and team
- Pragmatic and adaptive
A few other qualities we value:
- Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
- Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- A genuine, honest tone of voice.
- Design for good enthusiasts.
- Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a global collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Medical insurance; additional cover is also available for your parents and parents-in-law.
- Master health check program; for those 40 years and over there is a special facility of a check-up under the Executive Health Plan.
- Hospitalisation; you are your spouse will be eligible to avail the medical insurance cover, referred to above; even beyond superannuation until the age of 80 years provided you retired from the company.
- 30 days of leave per year. This will include 18 days of privilege leave and 12 days flexi leave. Flexi leave can be availed as casual leave, sick leave and paternity leave reasons.
- Access to a day care centre in Pune if you have children between 7 months and 8 years.
Currently we are all working remotely but, eventually, this role will be partially based in our India office Pune or Bangalore with working from home where possible and working on client site as required.