Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
We are seeking a Senior Service Designer to lead the experience work stream of a number of projects. A holistic thinker, looking at all touch points who continuously looks to develop product experiences. Someone who embraces empathetic research, building the foundation from which to define and design people’s relationship with energy.
The individual needs to have a strong understanding that great end-to-end customer experiences need to be useful and usable, but that their success heavily depends on the back-stage elements that enable them.
- Working from a customer perspective; understanding or envisioning a full end to end service, including how the service operates across digital and non-digital channels.
- Managing stakeholders; influencing and shaping stakeholders’ objectives. Working with senior leaders to support a future vision and priorities for a service transformation or new service development.
- Vision; big picture thinking. Working backwards from an ideal future scenario.
- Problem framing; starting with ‘why’. Understanding the outcomes, and goals for a service, the types of customers and actors (i.e. staff) and their needs.
- Qualitative research; using observations and feedback to learn why things are happening or not happening.
- Synthesis; turning research insights into opportunities and ideas for how things could work.
- Assumptions mapping; capturing assumptions and defining testable hypotheses. Working with UX designers to create working prototypes.
- Prioritisation of work to deliver iterative customer value.
- Integrate efforts across teams into coherent user journeys — connecting all actors responsible for delivering the service.
- Facilitation and co-creation; coming up with solutions that will work across channels, departments and roles.
- Continuous service improvement; challenging how things work and identifying further opportunities for service improvement across all parts of a service inclusive of: systems, processes and end-user experience. Creating and reusing consistent service patterns to support how a service functions and can operate more effectively.
- Designing service blueprints (as-is and to-be states); end-to-end inclusive of the customer experience, but also the activities of the behind-the-scenes staff and systems that deliver the service; taking into account things that happen before and after the primary experience, looking at upstream causes and downstream effects.
- Organisational change; overseeing and enabling the change required to deliver a new or improved service.
- Shape, evangelise and espouse Foolproof’s design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Support the costing and planning activity of projects, report on the status of such deliverables to the programme management team and notify them of any risks.
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
- Experienced in the field of service design with solid industry experience.
- Have extensive experience of working strategically on end-to-end services that exist to fulfil customer goals.
- Have solid experience of making design processes work effectively, influencing working practices and culture to support this.
- Have experience of planning, conducting and communicating user research as part of a human-centres design process.
- Have experience of explaining design decisions and communicating ideas in a way that other people understand.
- Demonstrating senior client management from sales, and project kick off through to service delivery.
- Have experience of working in an agile environment; working in complex environments, both with teams and senior stakeholders.
- Have experience facilitating workshops and leading meetings. Have proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional peers and teams to develop concepts and services.
- Have experience of coaching others; both through your individual performance and how you influence others in group settings.
- Have transitioned from doer to leader, understanding the broader business and customer context for your work.
- Have mature people and leadership skills.
A few other qualities we value:
- Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
- Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- A genuine, honest tone of voice.
- Design for good enthusiasts.
- Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
For your application to be considered we require:
- Relevant client, project, work examples, in the form of a portfolio, that demonstrate design thinking and doing.
- Links to other creative assets website or other channels where you have shared design.