Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
The Agile Business Analyst gathers, analyzes, documents, and validates the needs of product users and business stakeholders. This role is a proactive member of an Agile product team, working in tandem with Product and Project Managers and design and development team members to ensure the product continuously delivers value to users.
- Serve as primary POC for managing system requirements between the business and the product team throughout the duration of a project.
- Elicit product requirements from users, project stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- Work directly with the business to understand the business domain and problems the product will solve, acting as proxy Product Owner when necessary.
- Define, document, analyze and prioritize requirements of the product.
- Translate requirements into functional specifications for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Translate solution concepts into roadmaps, epics or user stories.
- Write acceptance criteria and ensure criteria come to fruition during product demos.
- Support the team to populate and groom the backlog.
- Engage and build relationships with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to inform product objectives amidst broader business goals.
- Support product design and development to ensure the solution aligns with the user goals and business goals.
- Utilize deep working-knowledge of Agile Methodologies to lead an Agile transformation at scale.
- Advocate for the end user and ensure product team’s efforts improve the customer experience.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related discipline.
- 5+ years supporting cross-functional software product teams in positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- 3+ years analyzing business processes and user needs of IT products, including web content management systems.
- 3+ years proven experience working within an Agile team, writing epics and user stories, prioritizing a backlog, guiding teams, etc.
- Ability to communicate functional capabilities of websites and applications effectively both verbally and in writing, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter; desire to solve problems and improve user experience.
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with internal project teams and senior management, as well as external clients and stakeholders.
- Experience in human-centered design and advocating for the Agile mindset.
- Experience using Azure DevOps software.
- Strong experience and comfortability with Microsoft Office suite, SmartSheet, collaboration tools such as Mural, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Acute attention to detail.
A few other qualities we value
- Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
- Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- A genuine, honest tone of voice.
- Design for good enthusiasts.
- Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual bonus and profit share.
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us.
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday.
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers.
- Private pension scheme.
- Option to take out medical coverage.
- Access to mental health support.
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, this usually takes place abroad.
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work.
- Opportunity to travel between offices.
- Training on the job.