Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
As an Agile Coach, you would be responsible for the education, adoption and scaling of agile and product with all Product Teams and Leaders at a Product level to establish a common understanding across the product.
This role requires someone to have strong communication and facilitation skills who can mentor the team members. The ideal candidate will bring a broad range of experiences transforming large enterprises, scaling agile in large, complex organizations and that carries specific experience in digital technologies and processes at scale.
It's a new role for us and you will be working internally with our Project, Programme, Product and Strategy, and Client Engagement Practices to help us to transform our Agile capabilities as well our clients’.
- Coaches/Facilitates in lean thinking and development of Products (MVP).
- Work closely with partners, particularly Scrum Masters, Product Managers and Engineer Managers, Design Managers to evaluate a Product Teams agile and product maturity and strategies to address gaps.
- Active coaching of Product Teams and leaders, facilitation and coaching of quarterly planning events, and development of product-specific coaching plans to mature the Product Teams and leader’s skills and mindset.
- Coaches multiple teams simultaneously by directly observing team activities, guides them through Agile discovery and learning.
- Work in a hands-on manner as well as in a consultant model, helping the teams with agile ceremonies, roles, collaboration and artifacts.
- Help identify and coach champions within each functional area, who can continue the maturity journey and act as local mentors/coaches for others.
- Contribute to the brain-trust of defining end to end processes that support Agile principles.
- Develop training/certification materials and forums both for existing teams and the onboarding of new talent.
- Coach executive-level team members in the culture change.
- Develops enterprise Agile guidance, training materials, and content; translates industry best practices into actionable recommendations.
- Contribute to and/or create instructional content (including training programs, written procedures, or any other instructional material).
- Recommend and coordinate training or certification programs for product teams and leaders.
- Help lead and mature Communities of Practices and interaction/pollination across IT and the business for clients.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of skills by setting and pursuing stretch goals.
- Raises widely observed issues and bottlenecks to stakeholders; implements comprehensive solutions.
- Coaches organisation through change, helping identify and attack organisational impediments which limit team productivity and quality.
- Develops and monitors metrics to track progress of Agile adoption and maturity to aid in accelerating overall Agile transformation efforts.
- Create an environment that meaningfully values and promotes autonomy, skill mastery, empowerment, transparency, innovation and learning.
- Help foster a fail-safe, fail-fast environment where multiple experiments lead to the best solution for users.
- Promote lean thinking principles such as reduced cycle times, limiting work in progress, reduced batch size, understanding of flow, identification of waste/inefficiencies and leading remediation efforts.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and leadership to establish consistent metrics and KPIs for measuring progress and effectiveness at team, product and organizational levels.
- Extensive experience coaching agile teams, working in engineering, IT, or a related field.
- Experience transitioning multiple release trains in complex environments.
- Experience with at least two large scale (150+ people impacted) Agile transformation efforts.
- Substantial experience with delivery methodologies in a fast-paced complex environment – Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, Kanban, SAFe, Extreme Programming.
- Demonstrated experience in designing solutions and planning roadmaps to support application development.
- Experience with VersionOne, Jira, Rally, or other ALM to create meaningful metrics and information radiators.
- DevOps experience (build automation, test automation, test driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development (CD), Infrastructure as code, etc.)
- Familiarity with infrastructure concepts is needed to facilitate delivery of DevOps components of the Agile Transformation program.
- Should be able to assess agile maturity of the teams and suggest process improvements.
- SAFe Program Consultant certification.
- Lean, Kanban, Continuous Improvement, Process experience/certifications.
- Experience with other Agile Frameworks like Large Scale Scrum (LeSS), a plus.
- Technical/development experience.
- Active engagement in external agile and product communities with a network of professional contacts outside of the organization.
A few other qualities we value:
- Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
- Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- A genuine, honest tone of voice.
- Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
- Shared your knowledge through either blogs or talks at events, and kept up-to-date with Agile trends
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual bonus and profit share.
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us.
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday.
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers.
- Private pension scheme.
- Option to take out medical coverage.
- Access to mental health support.
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, this usually takes place abroad.
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work.
- Opportunity to travel between offices.
- Training on the job.