Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
As a Product Owner within Foolproof you will be responsible for optimizing the development process. You will be responsible for turning the product vision into an actionable backlog as well as advocating for the customers' needs in front of our development teams.
- Lead in defining a vision for the digital product or service.
- Define what success looks like and how it will be measured.
- Shape ideas ready for discovery.
- Define definitions of 'ready' and 'done' for all stages of the process.
- Prioritise and manage Product backlogs.
- Be the voice of the customer by bringing data and user research into the process.
- Understand the customer problem space and bring that into the process of identifying outcomes and opportunities and designing solutions.
- Monitor the client's market and develop competitive analyses.
- Engage Present strategy, progress and learnings to senior stakeholders throughout the business.
- Run regular planning and intake sessions with stakeholders at all levels in multiple locations.
- Define the best response to client briefs.
- Experience working on end-to-end projects, from discovery and strategy to delivery to market.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 6+ years.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Highly analytical and data-driven, with a deep understanding of and demonstrated success working with Engineering.
- Able to operate effectively, from high-level strategy and CEO/CIO/CSO interaction to day-to-day execution.
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC including Discovery, Design, Develop and Deploy
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organisation.
A few other qualities we value
- Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
- Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- A genuine, honest tone of voice.
- Design for good enthusiasts.
- Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual bonus and profit share.
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us.
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday.
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers.
- Private pension scheme.
- Option to take out medical coverage.
- Access to mental health support.
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, this usually takes place abroad.
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work.
- Opportunity to travel between offices.
- Training on the job.