Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
We are hiring a UI Motion Designer who will work closely with our global studio to create high-quality complex animations and designs for a diverse array of media platforms, including web, native apps and TV.
Working as part of our design teams, you’ll bring interfaces and prototypes to life and deliver high-quality, innovative motion graphic assets for our clients. This is a great opportunity for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgement and willingness to collaborate within a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional team environment.
- Understand the relationship between brand, motion and experience design. We’re not looking for one-off Dribble animations but someone who understands how to apply motion to our client’s brand design systems.
- Balance creative flair with technical ability, being mindful that what we deliver must always be technically feasible within the context of the project.
- Use your proven track record in visual storytelling to produce concepts and UI animations with minimal supervision, while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Make smart connections between client’s needs and technical possibilities and between static and moving design elements.
- Create highly engaging complex animations for a diverse array of media.
- Assist in the creation of animation storyboards and prepare conceptual layouts for motion graphic layouts.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and share new design perspectives.
- Be proactive in training others in the use of animation software.
- Be the go-to person on the latest animation trends, new plugins, scripts and libraries.
As well as being extremely driven with a desire to develop your skill set and grow with this successful company, our ideal UI Motion Designer will have the following:
- Strong visual design background with an understanding of graphic design communication skills, like colour, typography and layout.
- A systems thinker, with experience translating and upholding brand style guidelines.
- Inside-out knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro and the Adobe CC package. (Cinema 4D would be a definite advantage).
- Our tool of choice is Figma so having a great understanding of a prototyping tool that is easily configured into Figma, such as Principle, ProtoPie etc. is needed.
- Ability to solve an array of challenges through visual design.
- Manage time effectively, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
A few other qualities we value
- Experience and knowledge of third-party renderers like Octane and Redshift.
- Experience with generative creative coding like Processing or Open Frameworks.
- Experience in Unity/ Unreal.
- Experience with front-end code and hand-over to development.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual bonus and profit share.
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us.
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday.
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers.
- Private pension scheme.
- Option to take out medical coverage.
- Access to mental health support.
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, this usually takes place abroad.
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work.
- Opportunity to travel between offices.
- Training on the job.