Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Role & Responsibilities
We expect our Programme Managers to be accomplished across three core skillsets, and have experience applying these skills to a wide range of client engagements.
- Lead programmes with multiple projects and/or parallel workstreams (~ 12 months' duration), or to lead significant /complex projects
- Shape and develop programme governance models, engagement models and delivery frameworks supporting distributed teams and varying degrees of agility
- Articulate a programme's strategy and objectives, and assess how it will impact a business
- Manage programme-level scoping and planning, developing time and budget estimates
- Monitor programme progress, intervening to drive adjustments to plans as required
- Manage and control programme-level budgets, including intelligent use of project contingencies
- Identify and manage programme-level risks and issues, managing stakeholder expectations effectively
- Compile and maintain effective programme-level documentation
- Motivate and empower programme team, defining a clear path and plan, minimising bureaucracy for team members
- Conduct all day-to-day activities to the highest quality, maintain effective quality assurance across the programme, coach more junior colleagues
- Be a trusted partner of the Resourcing team, ensuring resource profiles across the programme are monitored
- Be a trusted partner of Client Services, keeping your counterpart abridged of key decisions which may impact commercials or client relationships.
- Oversee all internal reporting and invoicing processes across the programme
- Advise and consult on best practices. Share current delivery thinking and where necessary advise on process changes and enhancements
- Understand overall business objectives and delivery requirements of complex projects and programmes, and translate them into an overall project / programme structure
- Identify the optimal delivery methodology and show flexibility and insight in adapting to the specifics of a given project / programme
- Developing the Statement(s) of Work and Costs / Schedule
- Involvement in the creation of business cases, cost/benefit analyses, and ROI/benefits realisation
- Lead stakeholder meetings and workshops as appropriate
- Deeply understand and develop expertise on your client's business, industry, strategy, goals, challenges and key technologies. Share knowledge with your colleagues.
- Focus on strategic, long-term benefits and outcomes
- Work with Client Services in identifying, scoping and commercialising strategic growth opportunities
- Work with our Strategy, Insight, Design and Development Practice teams to identify, develop and communicate new ideas and working practices
- Support the hiring of future members of the Project and Programme Practice
- Own Practice templates, ensuring your work, and that of your team, is consistent and high quality
- Help the wider Foolproof business think differently about project/programme delivery, IT delivery and offshore delivery, through effective performance on projects/programmes, through advice/coaching and through actively promoting the Delivery Practice, Zensar and other partners
- A deep interest and thorough understanding of how a business works – its strategy, structure, management and operations
- Broad knowledge across most areas that end-to-end digital projects touch. Able to communicate with and understand senior practitioners across most areas of our service offerings. Ideally has strong skills, expertise and / or knowledge of one or more of our service offerings e.g. technology, strategy, analytics etc.
- Experienced working in both agency and client organisations with a focus on digital delivery. A good knowledge of the agency and SI space; solid understanding of the MarComs and digital technology vendor landscape with a working knowledge of platforms and use cases. Able to articulate current trends and demonstrate industry insight
- Experience leading digital programmes with multiple projects and/or parallel workstreams (~ 12 months' duration)
- Experience owning a large delivery budget (> £1m) and full control of associated financial processes
- Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with leadership-level clients
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, in the UK and internationally
- Experience line managing and providing pastoral support to senior team members
- Expert user of project planning tools
- Experience leading projects using waterfall and agile methodologies
- A programme management qualification is desired (e.g. MSP), as well as ideally one delivery framework (e.g. Scrum, SAFe etc)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience is expected, a postgraduate degree or other professional qualification is desirable
- Attention to detail – you must be meticulous in your management of the programme plan, budgets, risks and issues, and able to multitask
- You firmly believe that change is good. You're prepared to challenge the status quo.
- Confident verbal communicator. You must be able to interact professionally with client sponsors and budget holders and Foolproof leadership, building rapport and confidence in your leadership of the programme, as well as with delivery teams in the UK, nearshore (Europe) and offshore (primarily India). You should communicate clearly and unambiguously.
- Exceptional written communicator. You will be expected to deliver a range of different types of documents, from email to presentation, specifications to spreadsheets, so your ability to write clearly, accurately, concisely and sensitively is critical, adapting your style as necessary to the recipient in question. A coach for your team in effective stakeholder communications
- Business acumen. You can articulate Foolproof's mission and strategy. You can understand and interpret company reports and financial statements. You see the bigger picture, you understand how the moving parts of a business relate to each other and work together to drive profitable growth.
- Gravitas. A strong work ethic, calm in the face of adversity, able to control a large, cross-functional, onshore/offshore team, some with much experience and often with varying priorities, towards one goal.
- Problem solving. You must be confident in handling problems of varying sizes and in identifying and driving pragmatic solutions. Be open to learning and listening to the input of others.
- Perceptive. Thinks predominantly towards strategic objectives, expert in managing situations where politics may be influencing decision making and/or when team members may be struggling to balance priorities, and sensitively intervene to smooth, mitigate and/or move beyond
- Flexible. You should be decisive in your actions, but also flexible to change if warranted in the future. You should be comfortable being thrown into the deep end, picking up tasks as required from anywhere across the business, be it commercial, administrative, people-focused or strategic. You may also be required to work away from the London office on client sites up to 4 days per week.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-growing, forward-thinking company, and is a part of the business which is expanding rapidly.
We offer a competitive salary, twice-yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborative thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.
Finally, we have generous departmental training budgets which help us progress and develop skills within our roles and teams.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note to our Talent Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org