Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
Product Management at a studio like Foolproof, is different from an in-house role. As we develop and refine our own practice together, we are looking for people who can apply themselves and that practice to different contexts, in different industries at different stages of the product lifecycle.
Our Product Managers lead product teams alongside or on behalf of some of the world's biggest and most innovative companies. Our Product Managers are well-rounded, supportive, adaptive and customer-driven. Because of the variety in the contexts we cover, you could be defining the strategy for a greenfield innovation product or leading a highly-efficient optimisation programme. You could be Product Owner in a SCRUM team or Product Strategist for an entire business.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will be one of the most experienced practitioners in our Studio. You will be key in defining the Product Practice for Foolproof and supporting more junior members of staff. You will often be working at a highly strategic level - but will also need to drive things at a tactical level at certain stages.
AS A PRINCIPAL PRODUCT MANAGER YOU WILL
- Own and iterate the full product lifecycle of Discovery, Define, Design, Implementation, Launch.
- Understand the Valuable, Usable, Viable, Feasible mechanics and risks
- Lead in defining a vision for the digital product or service.
- Define what success looks like and how it will be measured.
- Work with clients and the team to lead the creation of the product roadmaps.
- Shape ideas ready for discovery.
- Define definitions of 'ready' and 'done' for all stages of the process.
- Prioritise and manage Product backlogs.
- Be the voice of the customer by bringing data and user research into the process.
- Understand the customer problem space and bring that into the process of identifying outcomes and opportunities and designing solutions.
- Monitor the client's market and develop competitive analyses.
- Engage Present strategy, progress and learnings to senior stakeholders throughout the business.
- Run regular planning and intake sessions with stakeholders at all levels in multiple locations.
- Define the best response to client briefs.
- Help build our practices and capabilities.
- Experience in a client-facing role working with top brands is desirable.
- Experience working on end-to-end projects, from discovery and strategy to delivery to market.
- Prior experience of line management is a bonus.
- Previous working experience as a Product Manager/Owner for 8+ years.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Highly analytical and data-driven, with a deep understanding of and demonstrated success working with Engineering.
- Able to operate effectively, from high-level strategy and CEO/CIO/CSO interaction to day-to-day execution.
- Excellent strategic/product vision, and execution/prioritisation mindset.
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC including Discovery, Design, Develop and Deploy.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams across multiple timezones in a matrix organisation.
A few other qualities we value
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Articulate and engaging, able to lead conversations with senior clients.
- A passionate, creative thinker with an insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of what it takes to affect change in a large organisation.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- An ability to prioritise, even under pressure from differing parties.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Good people who like to have fun (whatever that looks like for you).
- Thought leaders unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- Team players who champion collaborative ways of working.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development, and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including
- Annual bonus and profit share.
- 25 days paid time off which increases the longer you’re with us.
- Option to buy and sell up to three days of holiday.
- Flexible working with extra support for parents and carers.
- Private pension scheme.
- Option to take out medical coverage.
- Access to mental health support.
- Quarterly away days and a Team Trip, this usually takes place abroad.
- (Virtual) socials each Friday, during and after work.
- Opportunity to travel between offices.
- Training on the job.