Who we are
We are an experience design company that works to improve the lives of millions of people all over the world. With studios in the UK, Singapore, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We help businesses to develop and ship products and services rooted in user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold, and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Onto the role
As a UX Consultant, you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams from discovery to delivery, representing the voice of the customer and the voice of our clients. You’ll be responsible for helping organisations identify opportunities and deliver compelling, evidence-based, human-centred products and services. You have a passion for understanding people as well as client organisations and thrive in complex environments.
You believe that great end-to-end customer experiences need to be useful and usable, but that their success heavily depends on the back-stage elements that enable them. Research and data are your tools, from which you will synthesise and generate actionable insight to inform the best solutions for our clients, their employees, and their customers. This is a great opportunity for a commercially aware consultant to take the next step in their career with an agency that has big ambitions and a very large appetite for fun.
Work with our clients to frame problems, starting with ‘why’. Understand their goals for a product or service, the types of users, and their needs.
· Plan, design, and conduct formative and evaluative research to ensure user and business needs are fully understood. This includes qualitative and quantitative research methods as well as data analytics in the synthesis of your insights.
· Clearly and confidently communicate insight from research using a number of formats (e.g. journey maps, personas, user stories) to create a compelling narrative and enhance our team and our client’s understanding of their users in order to design better products and services.
· Become a trusted advisor for our clients. Help grow and nurture long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objectives, technologies used, past projects, and future ambitions.
· Be active in setting up and measuring project outcomes as a means to help establish design as an impactful business and strategy discipline.
· Be active in Foolproof’s culture of learning and teaching, through teaching more junior members of the team new skills, improving the way we work, developing our practice, and championing our culture and values.
Excellent communication skills from an internal email through to a client presentation.
· Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to create rapport and build relationships with clients and colleagues.
· You’ll have commercial awareness, including an understanding of return on investment and online marketing metrics, and complete commitment to evidence and insight as the back-bone of design.
· A team player with excellent time management skills.
· Excellent report writing and presentation skills, competent using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Two to Three years of experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people’s behaviour and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
· Detailed knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of research and design methodologies.
· Able to communicate and deliver presentations both internally and externally in a clear and confident manner. You use storytelling as a tool to help teams develop a deep connection and understanding of the people we design for.