Senior Product Designer – Mobile Apps
(London, UK – Hybrid, 2-3 days per week in office)
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer who has a passion for creating digital products and services that create value for our clients, and a deep understanding of designing for mobile apps.
You are as passionate about creativity as you are about human centred design and human outcomes and will have demonstrable hands-on experience of working on iOS and/or Android native apps for a recognisable brand, preferably in a high-traffic ecommerce business.
You will work across every stage of the product lifecycle - from early-stage innovation, through to continuous improvement and on to reinventing existing products and services to drive better outcomes for our clients, their employees and their customers. You will approach the work you do and the way you work with intelligence, imagination, drive and humility.
As part of our UK Studio, you will be based out of our London offices. We work on a hybrid remote model - you will need to be prepared to work from either our offices or our clients’ offices in London for two to three days per week.
- A product development or experience design background.
- A hybrid designer with a foundation in design research, user experience, interaction and visual design, and particular strengths in one or two of these areas.
- A combination of experience in designing for mobile and web applications, with at least two years’ experience working on iOS and/or Android native apps. Ideally you will have experience of launching or relaunching an app and optimising the performance over time.
- Experience working with and building out design systems for responsive web and app.
- A strong systems thinker who understands how the pieces connect, continuously experimenting and improving human and business outcomes.
- Expertise in taking projects from brief through to insight-led wireframes and prototypes that bring brands to life, through to build.
- A keenness to explore the problem space before iteratively exploring solutions to meet those problems.
- Strong communicator visually and verbally, experienced in iterating and presenting ideas, interactions and flows with confidence, guiding clients through the process.
- Skilled in working independently or collaboratively with other designers in a demanding Agile environment to create great user experiences.
As a Senior Product Designer – Mobile Apps, you will be part of a team working on iterative mobile app transformation projects. You will work closely with the product owner and design lead, from discovery through delivery, using your expertise in app behaviours, interaction patterns for app experiences and native functionality to improve the customer experience.
You will be working closely with other practices within our Studio to develop our approach to designing and building mobile app experiences, championing bold conceptual thinking and creative expression in the design process and staying on top of industry trends. You will be comfortable working with and supporting the creation of web responsive and app design systems.
You will be able self-organise, lead ideation workshops and design reviews with stakeholders and support more junior members of the team. You will develop ideas and concepts from initial wireframes, through to low-fidelity designs as well as prototype and present ideas, interactions and flows with confidence among the design team and clients, all while taking on feedback and iterate based on insights.
You will support the planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the Delivery team and notify them of any risks. Where relevant, you will support the wider Sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading on pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
- Discover, imagine, create and deliver products and services that make things better for our clients, their customers, their employees and the world.
- Bring together insight, creativity and technology to deliver experiences that transform our clients’ businesses.
- Outcome driven, embody objectivity and people-centricity in everything we do.
- Continuous discovery, delivery and learning through a collaborative, iterative design process.
- Champion experimentation, conceptual thinking and creative expression in design.
- Thought leadership in experience, design, branding and design systems through contributing to conferences and industry panels.
Who we are
Foolproof is a product and service design company. We bring together insight, creativity and technology to deliver experiences that transform businesses. With studios in the UK, North America, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We imagine, create and deliver products and services rooted in genuine user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual variable bonus
- 25 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays), which increases with your length of service (this will be pro-rated for FTCs)
- The option to buy or sell up to three days of annual leave a year
- Private pension scheme with a salary sacrifice option available
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life insurance
- A global benefits and rewards platform
- Additional benefits with long service