Our mission is to help people to live differently. By understanding people, we craft products and services which help them make sense of anything, giving them the confidence to make good decisions for themselves.
This means the Head of Solution Engineering takes experience strategy and the design of products and services and turns them into reality - extending our experience engineering services with digital delivery.
As the Head of Solution Engineering, you will articulate ‘’shape it’’ advisory, and outline ‘’nail it’’ playbooks that sit under development and software engineering, for front-end technologies, digital platforms, and digital full-stack capabilities.
As a technical thought leader, you will be responsible for managing all programs within the engineering space of Foolproof.
This is a permanent and full-time role.
- Provide a clear vision and direction for our software engineering teams, processes, methodology, and propositions.
- Set up and lead technical teams, outline their goals and plans to achieve them.
- Create growth opportunities through product-led engineering work.
- Engage with our client’s internal stakeholders to understand development priorities, using innovation and your technical know-how to deliver the best results and business value.
- Build strong relationships with external partners, clients and software vendors, etc.
- Consult with clients on strategic, organisational, and operational challenges within their technology systems.
You will have a strong have strong technical delivery background around platform delivery and solutioning of DXp paltforms and web platform on full stack technologies. In addition, you will understand cloud engineering on any of the hyperscalers – AWS, Azure or GCP.
As a thought leader reporting into the Chief Business Officer, you will have led and scaled (in terms of size and capability) software development teams and have excellent client facing skills, strong commercial acumen and a profound interest in the tech industry.
- Design, develop, deliver and improve software and software delivery methods to meet identified needs.
- Follow and improve upon best practice guidelines.
- Write clean, secure, maintainable code.
- Consult, advise and demonstrate software engineering best practice to clients.
- Consult and advise on best transition path from MVP to scalable solutions.
Who we are
Foolproof is a product and service design company. We bring together insight, creativity and technology to deliver experiences that transform businesses. With studios in the UK, India and South Africa, we operate globally.
We imagine, create and deliver products and services rooted in genuine user needs. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, a leading digital and technology solutions provider. Together, we execute digital transformation programmes for major brands.
We're welcoming new talent into the Foolproof fold and want to ensure it’s just as diverse as the world around us. That's why we want to hear from everyone regardless of background, identity or ability. Different perspectives make us who we are and our work a success.
Foolproof is full of people who genuinely care about each other. It’s a place where you are free to express yourself in an environment that values individuality, nurtures development and is mindful of wellbeing.
When you join us, you’ll gain access to a number of unique benefits including:
- Annual variable bonus.
- 25 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays), which increases with your length of service (this will be pro-rated for FTCs).
- The option to buy or sell up to three days of annual leave a year.
- Private pension scheme with a salary sacrifice option available.
- Private medical insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life insurance.
- A global benefits and rewards platform.
- Additional benefits with long service.